Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dads

When I read John's blog about his Dad, I thought this would be a great opportunity to comment on my Dad.
When I was a little girl, I thought my Dad was the most handsome, amazing person in my life. I loved going with him, and doing anything with him. I remember when we were building the fence around our home, he let me help him hold the boards while he drew lines on them and then cut them. I felt like I was worth a million dollars. Since he had worked in the shoe department at Penny's he was very good at fitting shoes. So most of the time he would take me to get a new pair of shoes. Two pair of shoes I remember well were a pair of Black Velvet Dress shoes when I was probably about 8. I thought they were the most beautiful shoes I had ever seen, and that my Dad was so good to me to purchase them for me. I got my first pair of heels when I was in 8th grade. They were tan with a bow on the top. I couldn't believe my Dad would let me have heels. He was so good to me.
Dad always made me feel very important to him. He was very busy, but I never felt like he didn't have time for me. Often before or after dinner he would lay down on the living room floor in the dark and have a little rest. I loved laying down beside him, sometimes we would listen to Rachmaninoff's Concerto. Those are still wonderful memories.
When Ray Lynn and I were married, I would always say: "My Dad did this, or My Dad does it this way, or My Dad is so good." One day Ray Lynn said, "I hope someday you will think I am good like your Dad." Dad is still such a great example to me, and I feel very blessed to have had such a good Dad, as my Dad. Thanks Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home